This blog is quite old and no longer updated. Wanna see what I'm up to now? Head over to my new website!

Google Analytics

Sunday, October 16, 2011

8-Bit Agent: What happens next?

As regular visitors of my website may know, I have been developing a platform game called 8-Bit Agent (yes, I stole the title from the iPhone game 1-Bit Ninja, but the rest of the game is completely different). The most recent update of 8-Bit Agent added a pause feature (finally) and restructured the way 8-Bit Agent is packaged. Previously, I added a sound resource in Game Maker for each new sound, and everything was included in one executable file. This made for a very large executable, and long loading times. Now, the sounds are stored as separate files, and the executable file loads them as needed. The whole thing is stored in a ZIP file, which must be extracted before use. When the game is finished, I will probably use NSIS to create an installer, but for now, you must extract the ZIP file yourself. Also, I am considering releasing 8-Bit Agent as a commercial game on IndieCity, and having the free version have only the first three levels. If it were to be released commercially, it would be cheap, probably less than $5 USD. If so, then all subsequent betas will expire after a certain amount of time.

8-Bit Agent Website:


No comments:

Post a Comment